Come Join UFP Starfleet And Chill With Us

Find That Post!

Site Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

re: UFP Starfleet Fleet Structure and Character Ranking System

Every character in UFP Starflet will be granted permanent 100% unlimited access to all fleet stores and services immediately when they join UFP Starfleet and will keep that full access until the time they leave UFP Starfleet.

The in-game "Fleet Rank Title" is for role-play only, and strictly follows the in-game records reflecting a members time served in the fleet, and overall holding contributions follow the same in-game ranking requirements for captain promotion.

Rank 1 - "Captain"

Upon becoming a new member within UFP Starfleet, you will start off with the experience of a "Captain". All characters in this new recruit rank will remain in that rank until they earn the in game character rank of 60 AND encroach upon the 263,500 overall fleet holding contribution threshold.

*** You may join UFP Starfleet as a new member with a maximum of two characters from one account.

*** New Members are instructed on how to use the fleet chat
channel and armada chat channel, however, they are not required to
follow any "Social Policy". Each member will observe that they are at
their own free will to socialize up to the point of their own comfort level.

*** New Members are encouraged, starting from the day of recruitment, to chat with us and to tour all fleet star base holdings thoroughly while being accompanied by any fleet member or their recruiter.

Rank 2 – "Admiral"

Ongoing service to UFP Starfleet earned at 263,500 contributions. This rank 60 character works towards passing the "Fleet Admiral" total holding contributions threshold goal.

*** This character may request and be granted that one additional captain on their account be sent a fleet invite to join UFP Starfleet.

Rank 3 - "Fleet Admiral"

Proven dedication to the character in rank as well as relentless service to the fleet. The Rank 60 Character passed the 1,498,620 total holding contributions threshold.

*** This character may request and be granted that any unlimited number of additional captains on their account be sent a fleet invite to join UFP Starfleet.

Rank 4 - "Federation Council"

At any point a fleet rank 3 "Fleet Admiral" shall be approached and
asked to serve as Federation Council. This is a only a role-play
rank in where "Time Served" or "Fleet Presence" of that character in UFP Starfleet is the main focus of celebration.

*** Your character may now manage fleet holdings.
*** Your character may choose to decline this promotion, with or without  reservation at any time for any reason.

Rank 5 - "Section 31"

A force of elite ground and space players that specialize in various "min-maxing" roles. This is UFP Starfleet's Elite Black-Ops Division. Individual characters of amazing power hand selected to protect the fleet and all of it's members on any map of any difficulty.

The three roles in which these elite ground or space players typically vary on will be: 

Extreme damage dealing tactics indicated as a  html color red  [Alpha] roster comment. 

Excessive healing and tanking tactics indicated as a html color yellow  [Delta] roster comment. 

Excessive control and debuff tactics indicated as a html color blue  [Lambda] roster comment.

Even if they might be able to do any and all of these roles on their own, even at the same time- these people will announce their role before a map so that other members on the team who fear elite content can be safe in knowing a great team awaits them with clear instructions on how to successfully complete even the hardest elite team content.

*** You will be instructed on how to add html code for altering in-game comments visible to others.
*** You can now manage fleet holdings.
*** You may choose to decline this promotion, with or without reservation at any time for any reason. 

Rank 6 – "Starfleet Intelligence"

(Fleet Administrators Rank) 

Starfleet Intelligence officers know UFP Starfleet in great detail and at any point a fleet rank 4 "Federation Council" member shall be approached and asked to serve as "Starfleet Intelligence".

Intelligence officers help in monitoring all fleet provisions,
fleet bank logs, officer chat,  fleet chat, and ensuring that projects
are queued up at all times. At this level you will focus more on 
recruiting new members as well as fleet roster records.

Communicating and serving policy to lower ranks under the guidance of the 
President and referring only to the President for fleet policy orders.
Administrative members will be the front line mediators in dealing with all 
fleet complaint issues meanwhile, more extreme cases are taken and handed 
over to the President - and on occasions, they may be required to demote
fleet members for violations of UFP Starfleet's Mission Statement or attendance policy.

*** You may now send "Fleet Mail".
*** You may now change the "Fleet Message Of The Day".
*** You may now add and edit fleet "Events" information.
*** You may now change "Fleet Bank" settings and permissions.
*** You may now send all your characters invites to join "UFP Starfleet".

*** You may choose to decline this promotion, with or without reservation at any time for any reason.

Rank 7 – "President"

Held accountable for the overall health and longevity of the fleet at all times. Motions such as fleet structure changes, extreme complaint handling, and other high level actions that impact the future of UFP Starfleet are reviewed and decided upon at this level.

***This rank affords the final word on any and all fleet matters.
Nosehole
Cadet
Honored Guest

Cool stuff!

I guess my drainboat fits quite neatly into Rank 5 :P

karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

Hell yes it does --- that would absolutely qualify for a Lambda classification... amazing debuff/CC potential... Zero engines = zero def = sitting duck, zero shields = a very bad day, lol so on-so forth.... I demoted Fire out of rank 7 and she will to be moved to a rank 5 and I will have to let Renden do all the heavy fleet work....

I hope the fleet will enjoy the new ranking system... nobody is complaining and with so many here -- i'm just going to take it as " no news is good news" 

See ya in game :)

Dana Ralston
Honored Guest

Forgive me for necroing, but all of the threads are pretty old, so I can't really avoid it. :D

With my promotion to Starfleet Intelligence, I was considering promoting a couple of people, with documentation in the roster. As I don't want to overstep my bounds, I have to ask about contribution requirements.

With all of our holdings at Tier 5 except for the Colony, which will be there very soon from the looks of it, I don't see how someone could realistically meet the contribution requirements spelled out in the fleet structure. As Armada contributions don't appear to count toward the total (please correct me if I'm wrong about that), I would think it difficult to meet the 1,498,620 requirement for Admiral. Hell, I've been in fleet since Sep 2012 and haven't even broke 1M yet...

Looking at the numbers got me to wondering, how were they calculated? And with the holdings almost all at max level, should we look at revising the contribution requirements to better reflect the current state of the fleet?

UFP Starfleet - T.J. Loening, A.J. Loening, Jack Collins, M'Ral, Ari Loening, L'Ston, Jadan'Ralst, Josh Connor

Children of Gre'thor - K'Jamda, K'Daral, J'Mensa, Ston'Esana

"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank." - Scotty in "A Taste of Armageddon"
karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

It's been quite a while since I've logged on to the site here; sad to admit.

As for the "how did I calculate the contribution requirements?" I went along with the in game XP requirements to those same ranks :)

After lifting the restriction for all ranks to obtain fleet gear I felt having contribution requirements should be geared in a way that reflected accurately someones time spent in the fleet. As they obtain more and more fleet marks doing fleet teams the idea was the flark dump be ran perpetually and thus the contributions would naturally build up over time.

Since all fleet policy and such has been delegated out to you all- I'd say call yourself a meeting and discuss a new revamp if that is something you care to do. I once talked about a "Pyramid" type of ranking system in where someone would stay in rank 1 until they recruited a new member earning them a rank 2 spot. If their recruit recruited one- then a new promotion to rank 2 to 3 would be in store and their old recruit would now go to rank 2. Once someone was in rank 3 new roles could emerge along with a new set of guidelines. 

The problem was keeping the records of who recruited who was obvious and therefore abandoned shortly after "talks" of this type of "Vetting" promotional system.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ŲƑƤ ŠţƛƦʄɭƐƐƮ Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: