Come Join UFP Starfleet And Chill With Us

Find That Post!

Site Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

re: The re-balance? So far so good?

So far here is my take on how it's affected me. Long story short - Great for them (Cryptic - STO Shareholders to be more direct) and not so much for me- up front.

So right away I'm off to the races to run all my old gear and set bonuses that didn't have a place before.

So in one way- great in terms of my butt is in my chair still- racking up hours played on their servers. On the other hand with the overall pass on most things my performance is so far down that I can't figure out what's bothering more; Is my stats not impressing me b/c the gear was crappy bonus to begin with or is it b/c the overall re-balance has lowered the potential period and even though the gear is "O.K." to run it's just still -- not much difference that the other " run it if you want to " stuff and in the long run still deviating from old meta in terms of debuffing the dmg res down on target and buffing yours way up and adding in the added bonus passives and active clickable things.

I wen't to almost an identical meta build that bring me about 80k but would net me an easy 170k on any day in maps like Kithomer Accord, Infected Conduit, Crystal Entity, Cure Found, but now in those maps it's painstakingly brought back to times where most are dying with any multiple aggro if they do not have some of the basic things that existed before the re-balance going for them. This is because the map goes on longer now b/c dps not blowing up everything.  So still using tried and true boff combonations is key- not much changed there and with the rebalance on the newer boff abilities - there is still no new "must be doing" choice as there was before (speaking about cycle speed and plasma explosions/feedback pulse) cycle speed being gained from the temporal tree's "Temporal Cross Wiring". Now most who are dying are overcompensating and bring literally no DPS to the map and have forgone using any possible drains they could to help thier team out. 

So now I'll log in and spend most of my time struggling to move my gear around b/c of like 70 freaking kit modules i keep in my inventory and once that days ship build is done I'll go out and fly it and it's a pain to get a map done. The time and effort gone into getting those yellow numbers up, even if just by 500 or 600 points at a time took a LONG time for me. Now it's pretty rough to fly a non "meta - omg you wrekt the map" build and get your days fun in. And even with tweaks on the old meta- it's a pain.

Right now I'm feeling like reading up a lot more on what ppl have posted as most of the things im trying are in no way ever going to be super meta- Things im messing around with are done on ships to just push one stat rly high to see what happens.

armor pen/hull pen

( unshaken resolve, enhanced armor pen, subwarp sheath, particle feedback loop, Xeno research consoles, Tactical Harmonic Resonance, Sabatoure's supercharger, penatratieve overcharge, nasical power initiative, inspirational leader, k-13 doffs/boffs )

messed with some mine pattern stuff with command battlecruiser- wish i could put the 3pc on any ship for the double mine platform and still have beta3 but im stuck with only beta2 n the build.

meanwhile- im wanting to rly put time on Renden so that i can take advantage of the huge wpn pwr tricks. But there's ships i need to master and stuff and im just too involved with the other stuff sto has to offer and I end up just hopping around toons.

So as for the teaming an queuing - it's almost all but ruined. it's terrible to honestly try and start a map with ease. And once you get in there- it's a worse crap shoot than before considering that (speaking for myself here) cant 100% carry any space map solo. I know it should never have been possible for me to do that at one point - but again-- im talking a few years i worked n my ships... My playtime now has reduced dramatically after I spend the time to get one build out for the day just to find it was pretty much what I was expecting....

Im kinda let down - seen lots of ways to rly make a big boom with some old stuff- but getting it all to work just wont happen for now until most of the population catches back up to the new changes. I find that most are just chugging right along doing the same things as before if they were in the 15-25k dps range. I guess for me im all over the place - one moment im stalking ISA maps to keep finding what's going to get that map done the fastest - and then I'm on the drop of the hat considering all the stuff I would have to change on my build b/c an armada mate or fleet mate/friend want's to do PvP map... and here i am... no room to move my gear and well... derp... 

So for the last few days- it's been kinda rough in terms of got a good lesson in not taking pve build into pvp again and went bust on trying to get a Miradorn Raider ship --- I opened enough boxes that I should have just sold the keys. But keys kept crashing and I couldn't be the guy to sell out when it's the worse time. I want that mastery for my armor pen build.

I want to mix my armor pen/bypass build with my mine build. Just so I can play it for 10 minutes and say " this sucks " and log out after chatting even though the build is actually just fine--- just not 200k dps....

unit5077
Cadet
Visitor

re: [Re-RE-balance]x2 STO - Ingame Re-balance again incoming.

It seems the subnuc and deflector whatwasit replacement have  now (well, 1-2 weeks ago?) been reversed. So nerfs stay, buffs went away. I hope the actual changes will be properly documented when they go holodeck. I'm betting it'll be incomplete laundry list.

Ah well, maybe there'll some fun stuff to discover.

karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

Tribble has been updated to: ST.75.20170229c.10 (April 1st !!! )

Content:

• The missions in the "Agents of Yesterday", "Yesterday's War", and "Future Proof" arcs can no longer be replayed to minimize the amount of time travel that occurs and help keep the timeline secure
  • This also affects the missions "City on the Edge of Never", "Past Imperfect", and "Temporal Ambassador"
  • Starfleet Personnel are now required to be in the Odyssey Uniform at all times while on a starbase
  • Attempting to skip dialog while talking to your superior is now an offense that if perpetuated enough can result in loss of command and demotion
  • Starfleet Officers not assisting in a Red Alert that you are informed of is now an offense that will result in review of your actions with Starfleet Command
  • Sounds originating outside of your starship can no longer be heard in space
  • Players in Klingon Fleets can now challenge fleet members of a higher rank to honorable combat to take over their rank
  • There is only one fleet for Federation-Aligned players, "Starfleet"
  • The highest ranking member of this fleet is Admiral Quinn
  • Please do not pester Admiral Quinn for promotion details. If you read the regulations when you were given the opportunity to join you would know how to be promoted.

New Features!

• Updated Death Penalty: If your Ship is ever defeated (including while you are on a Boarding Party mission) it will be temporarily removed from your account until a Repair Fee is paid, at the nearest Starbase.
  • This cost is calculated as 10,000 Dilithium per Tier of the starship.
  • Successfully paying a Repair Fee allows that ship to move into "Repair Mode" which takes 4 hours to complete, per Tier of the starship.
  • HINT: Using low-tier ships on difficult missions can reduce your Repair Fees!
  • Introduced a new end-game mechanic, "Briefings"
  • Before beginning a mission, your captain will now get to sit through a briefing
  • During this briefing, your starship will be inspected, and any faction in-appropriate technology will be removed
  • Captains using a starship not issued to them will be removed from their respective military organizations
  • After a mission ends, Starfleet-aligned captains will be held accountable for any actions which did not promote Starfleet's values. Captains continuously violating regulations will be removed from command
  • After a mission ends, KDF-aligned captains will be shamed if they left a fight instead of dying with honor, and potentially removed from command if they have enough dishonor
  • Successfully using Boarding Party on a foe instantly moves you to a Ground Mission where you have to storm their corridors and defeat them, deck-by-deck.
  • The number of foes will be determined by a re-introduction of the previously-retired "Crew" mechanic.
  • While on this Boarding Party Mission, your ship is completely helpless on the map you left.
  • Added a new event when your ship is about to die. When this happens, time will appear to slow down, and your captain will be given the option to pilot the ship and send the "Abandon Ship" order to their crew. Captains who abandon ship with their crew will be permanently removed from command. Captains who do not tell their crew to abandon ship will have to live with that choice.
  • Starship Captains who decide that causing their starship to do a "barrel roll" will be IMMEDIATELY removed of command for abusing a starship

Systems:

• Added Space Party Amplifiers and Sector Space Party Amplifiers to the Gold Pressed Latinum Vendors
  • When activated, captains in range are transported to their bridge, and begin dancing
  • Resolved an issue that prevented the Borg from assimilating starships in space
  • The TR116 and Zefram Cochran shotgun must now be manually reloaded once fired
  • The amount of ammunition captains bring with them is limited to 50 rounds
  • Resolved an issue where players would occasionally be able to interact with lootcritter
  • The amount of time it takes to travel through sector space is now realistic to the actual size of the map in canon
  • Time travel through still only progresses while logged in
  • Resolved an issue that would let you
  • The Universe-Class is no longer flyable outside of sector space, and is now at the appropriate scale of one sector block
  • The Galaxy-Class starships have been scaled up appropriately to their name. All existing Galaxy-Class Starships have been renamed to a randomly-assigned appropriate Galaxy, and move at a fixed rate corresponding with their stellar drift.
  • There is now only one Andromeda class Galaxy in the game.
  • The Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser and the Temporal Light Cruiser are now Tier 1 ships
  • For similar reasons, the Federation Tier 6 Multi-Mission Explorers have been removed from the game
  • Starship engagement ranges have been increased to thousands of kilometers.
  • Weapon speed and falloff ranges have been updated to compensate for this change.
  • Starships now show up at random angles relative to each other
  • Resolved an issue that prevented some captains from safely disposing of grenade pins after missions
  • Scimitars now have access to pilot maneuvers
  • Captains can now be upgraded
  • Added a Captain crafting school
  • This requires assistance from another captain to progress

General:

• Resolved an issue that caused bad things to happen when doing certain things
  • Kurland is now always here
  • Sulu now spawns in one of 500 random locations between ESD, DS9, Memory Alpha, SB39, K7, Q'nos, New Romulus, the Dyson Sphere, Kobali Prime, Bajor, SB82,
  • The Scimitar now has the canon 79 fore weapon slots
  • The fly-in message when you kill a player in PvP is now server-wide and says "Name@Handle Pwnd Name@Handle".
  • If a player is killed five times in the same match, it subsequently broadcasts "Name@Handle needs to get gud" every minute until that player gets a kill
  • To ensure that everything is in balance, all entities in Star Trek Online are now Deferi
  • Due to economic problems, we have removed all currencies from the game.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Herrings to be excessively scaled in some cases.
  • Removed the Romulan and Klingon Factions
  • Resolved an issue where some decouplifiers could instead over-couplify
karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

Tribble has been updated to: ST.75.20170306c.9

Systems:

• Resolved some issues in how Warp Shadows would interact with threat
  • Resolved an issue that caused Torpedo Pre-Fire Sequence to not apply in some cases. Updated the description to be more accurate.
  • Destabilizing Resonance Beam's damage has been increased.
  • The following abilities now increase or decrease Shield Resistance to All Damage instead of just Energy Damage:
    • The Elite Fleet Disruptor Proc
    • The Resonant Disruptor Proc
    • The Tachyon Dispersal Starship Trait
    • The Tachyon Particle Field Console
    • Destabilized Tachyon Burst
    • Charged Particle Burst
    • Juggernaut Shielding
    • Turn the Other Cheek
    • Shield Scraping
    • The Charged Particle Reaction Trait
    • The Singularity Inverter console
    • The Dynamic Tachyon Warhead Explosion
    • The Tachyon Armament Projectile
    • The Shield Inversion Console
    • Expose Vulnerability: Defenses
    • The Deploy Sensor Probe Swarm Console
    • The Omni-Directional Tachyon Wave Siphon Console
  • Resolved an issue where the K.H.G. Personal Shield and Adapted M.A.C.O. Personal Shield played effects on your character continuously while equipped.
  • Updated the description of Surgical Strikes to be more accurate.
  • Updated Drain Infection, the Deteriorating Secondary Deflector Proc, and the Inhibiting Secondary Deflector Proc to be counted as Exotic Damage.
    • Their damage has been adjusted slightly to compensate for this, but should be better in most cases.
  • The [AMP] modifier no longer displays a status icon. Its functionality is unchanged.
  • Combat Impulse Engines and Hyper-Impulse Engines now better describe how they differ from normal Impulse Engines.
  • Resolved an issue where the Lukari Restoration Initiative Regenerative Shield Array's FX on allies would not completely play.
  • The Technicians that reduce the recharge times of bridge officers after activating Auxiliary Power to the Emergency Battery has a better description.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented Fire at Will's accuracy rating penalty from applying.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Cannon: Scatter Volley II to show an incorrect damage increase for cannon weapons. This is a tooltip change only.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Scattering Field to give less resistance rating than it did on Holodeck.
  • Resolved an issue where Target Subsystems would not always share a cooldown with other abilities that modify cannons.
    • Resolved incorrect naming in the Target Subsystem training manuals.
  • The amount of power drained by Target Subsystems has been increased massively.
  • The duration of the offline from Target Subsystems no longer scales with rank and is always what the duration of the offline from Rank 3 was prior to this; the chance still scales with rank.
karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

Tribble has been updated to: ST.75.20170306c.8

Systems:

• Abilities that previously referred to Accuracy and Defense as percentages now refer to "Accuracy Rating" and "Defense Rating".
    • This is a tooltip update only to more accurately convey how the Accuracy and Defense mechanics work.
  • Attack Pattern Lambda now only gives its caster buffs when they fire weapons
  • Attack Pattern Lambda's perception buff and debuff have both been decreased
  • Sensor Analysis has been updated to function the way it describes itself.
  • Counter-Offensive's cooldown has been increased and the damage it reflects has been decreased.
  • The Subsystem Offline from Override Subsystem Safeties can once again be cleansed or resisted.
  • The damage Gravity Well and Subspace Vortex deal has been decreased relative to a significant net increase on Tribble
  • Gravity Well's Pull now scales much more aggressively with Control Expertise
  • Omega Kinetic Shearing's damage is now only 10% of the pre-resistance damage of the projectile impact that triggered it
  • Timeline Collapse now has a larger radius at ranks 2 and 3.
  • Causal Reversion's heal amounts have been increased
  • Boarding Parties now fly significantly faster at their target
  • The damage dealt of the proc on Shield Refrequencer Science Consoles has been significantly increased.
  • Continuity's Healing has been increased
  • Emergency Power to Weapon's Damage Energy Damage buff now only affects Directed Energy Weapons
  • Miracle Worker's Hull heal has been decreased slightly relative to a much larger increase on Tribble.
  • Miracle Worker's Secondary Shielding amount has been decreased slightly
  • Rotate Shield Frequency's Resistances have been increased
  • Demolition Team:
    • Damage has been increased
    • Now only requires 3 stacks to detonate
    • Now only require you to wait 8 seconds after detonating before beaming more demolition teams to targets.
  • Imminent Decay and Entropic Rider now indicate that their damage bypasses shields.
    • This is a tooltip change only.
    • Entropic Rider's damage has been increased.
  • Updated the description of a few stats in the stats UI.
Nosehole
Cadet
Honored Guest

Well, I've started adjusting my builds in advance, taking out my plasma exploders and embracing this newfound console freedom :P

1000 thanks to you, karma, for bringing up the M6 computer way back when - I had enough dil to get that one and I'm adding it to my builds now :)

karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

Tribble has been updated to: ST.75.20170306c.5

Powers:

• Isokinetic Cannon can no longer be fired while Cloaked or Phase Shifted.
  • Resolved an issue where being cloaked would give you an incorrect amount of Shield Regeneration if you had the Singularity Distributor Unit console equipped.
  • The "Haywire" set bonus proc can no longer crit or be reflected.
  • Updated the description of the Tactical Advantage Reputation Trait.
  • Resolved an issue where Counter-Offensive ranks 2 and 3 only activated from Phaser Damage instead of any Energy Weapon.
  • Resolved an issue where the Vent Theta Radiation console was not scaling with its caster's Drain Expertise
  • Resolved an issue where Needs of the Many could be used while your shields were offline.
  • Resolved an issue where Needs of the Many would display a negative amount of Temporary Hitpoints given to your team if you had no shields equipped.
  • Attack Pattern Omega's Description has been updated
  • The Tholian Thermionic Torpedo Launcher now scales up the amount of power drained under all firing modes, and no longer scales up the duration of the power drain under any firing modes.
  • The Tholian Thermionic Torpedo Launcher now has a more accurate description of its Torpedo Spread and High Yield.
  • Resolved an issue where Electrostatic Field would reflect some non-Energy damage.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Temporal Fracture to not be treated as Exotic Damage.
  • The following consoles have had their power bonus doubled and this affects existing copies of these items:
    • Console - Engineering - Booster Modulator
    • Console - Engineering - Injector Assembly
    • Console - Engineering - Field Emitter
    • Console - Engineering - Plasma Distribution Manifold
  • Resolved an issue which caused the Enhanced Shield Penetration Reputation Trait to have 10% Energy Weapon Shield Penetration instead of 5%
  • Resolved an issue where Subnucleonic Beam training manuals were incorrectly named. Powers: Subnucleonic Beam can no longer be cast through Enhanced Battle Cloak.
  • Prototype Ablative Jevonite Hardpoints:
    • No longer goes away when you die
    • Can no longer be activated while you already have a buff from one on you
    • Can now be activated while held or disabled
  • Resolved an issue where Reverse Shield Polarity did not show the percentage it healed you in the tooltip.
  • Resolved an issue which caused Intelligence Fleet to display an incorrect amount of Shield Penetration.
  • Resolved an issue which caused Feedback Pulse 3 to reflect more damage than intended.
  • EPS Corruption:
    • Resolved an issue where the FX would play on the caster instead of the target in some cases
    • Resolved some issues that caused damage buffs to not properly interact with EPS Corruption
    • Resolved an issue where it could be cast while Phase Shifted
    • Increased the damage slightly
  • Resolved an issue that was causing some powers such as Charged Particle Burst to not apply Drain Infection to the target.
  • Override Subsystem Safeties:
    • Resolved an issue where the debuff could still be cleansed
    • Resolved an issue where the offline subsystem was always weapons
  • The Threat Analysis Matrix console now additionally gives Physical Damage Resistance Rating.
unit5077
Cadet
Visitor

Everybody focuses on the nerf side of matters, when there are boosts there too. Pets I mentioned. Engineer get better heals and power level stuff - possibly, depending what exactly that max power level stacks/still does not stack means.

Incidentally, I've been toying with an engineer captain in a cannon ship. Approach target, let her rip, fly though the burning wreckage. Badaboom badabing. On a flip side, there is the "Aargh, which way am I facing, which way..." Press F to respawn.

Anyhoo, I totally agree with that "fun is learning how" statement. As long as Cryptic doesn't go around slapping hard caps on everything.

karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

so with a VERY generic statement that im ok saying here - They have made an attempt at targeting mechanics/ powers and gear that was so "best in slot" as the game went the way of natural powercreep "especially with ship mastery and specialty tree/reputation passives/ space traits "  that everything else was just left by the wayside.

Up front it seems like EVERYTHING is taking a hit- but those that feel that way are probably in the crowd that has read every tool tip on every item in the game over 100 times and likewise can look at any gear or item and think of 10 things that can link up some way or another with it to be able to boost it or have it's raw stat cascade onto another set of mechanics that in turn buffs something...

For me. I'll say I super happy with change. Good ORRRR bad. For one. It's a change that hits everything and it's not like they just randomly picked a player out of the game and said "lets nerf him and only him".... SO..in other words. As long as we all have the exact same toolsets to choose from an have them all behave the same way, im totally fine with any changes that come good or bad. My fun is learning HOW those changes work !

So honestly- ya.. im going to take a big hit on the current DPS meta setup i run for ISA. As far as being mad? Hell no - --  im super exited i get to go out and find a new "Hey check this build out" attitude. For far too long has it been.. 'ok .. do this this and this" and you can do w/e else you feel like doing b/c it wont matter as much as the first part of it all.

Right now i've stocked up on CrtHx2 over beams to goof around with for the new update. And i will ABSOLUTELY be looking into cannons again.

cheers !

unit5077
Cadet
Visitor

Lots of changes, but nothing too unreasonable, is there? Not like in SWTOR, where they decided hybrid characters were imbalanced and you now choose the cookie cutt.. i mean, sub class, and all skills are granted automatically. Except for a few meaningless choices between "2 times 3 damage" and "3 times 2 damage". Or the situation, where one class's only ranged ability was considered too weak by the players. They balanced it by removing the ability.

Some of those, and the new sci ships, and all the heal others stuff recently... is there perhaps some plan to make STO more of tank-healer-dps style game? Or at least some emphasis on teamwork vs  random pewpew. 

Pet changes look nice.. 4 arehbes frigates will be like my own personal team! Well, maybe not, but at least they won't turn into stardust after the first core goes boom.

karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

re: Tribble Notes Released For Space Rebalance

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1229463/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-march-15-2017?sso=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0%3D+499123079e44e6ebcc6ea7c4d9436e7bf2907902+1489622494+hmacsha1

Tribble has been updated to: ST.75.20170306c.4

Systems:

• Items:
    • All engineering consoles that previously gave +Kinetic and +Energy damage resistance rating now give All Damage Resistance Rating instead. .
    • All consoles that previously just gave +Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating additionally give the same magnitude of +Physical Damage Resistance rating.
    • The modifier that Impulse Engines gain at Epic Quality now additionally gives Impulse Expertise. This change affects existing items.
    • The Secondary Deflectors in the Research Lab are now sold with 4 modifiers and only gain the Epic modifier when upgraded to Epic, instead of being sold with 3 and only gaining two when upgraded to Epic Quality.
      • Existing items have not been affected and will still gain two total modifiers when upgraded to Epic Quality.
    • The amount of the Shield Regeneration increase Shield Emitter Amplifier consoles provide has been increased.
    • The amount of Starship Hull Restoration SIF Generators provide has been increased.
    • The dilithium store has a new section, "Account Starship Trait Unlocks", available to players of level 50 or higher. If you own the a starship on your account that grants a trait on the list below, the characters on your account that are of the incorrect faction to fly that starship will be able to instead claim a box containing an unlock for that trait for free. The list is:
      • Improved Polarize Hull
      • Specialist Knowledge
      • Improved Weaponized Emitters
      • Ablative Field Projector
      • Radiant Nanite Cloud
      • Insult to Injury
      • Shield Overload
      • Numerical Superiority
      • Battle Ready
      • Designated Target
      • Retaliation
      • Desperate Repairs
      • Emitter Synergy
      • Advanced Firing Solutions
  • Carrier Pets:
    • All Player Carrier Pets are now immune to Warp Core Breaches
    • All Player Carrier Pets now have "Layered Defenses III"; which is an immunity to one torpedo every 30 seconds
    • Carrier pets now have significantly increased damage, hitpoints, power draining, shield healing, and shield draining
    • Carrier Pets that previously had Scratch the Paint have received the following:
      • Normal Callistos now have Cannon: Scatter Volley 2 instead of 1
      • Advanced and Elite Callistos now have Cannon: Scatter Volley 3 instead of 2
      • Advanced Xindi-Insectoid Fighters now have Beam: Fire at Will 2
      • Elite Xindi-Insectoid Fighters now have Beam: Fire at Will 3 and Emergency Power to Shields 3 instead of Emergency Power to Shields 2
      • Normal Xindi-Primate Heavy Fighters now have Torpedo: Spread 1
      • Advanced Xindi-Primate Heavy Fighters now have Torpedo: Spread 2
      • Elite Xindi-Primate Heavy Fighters now have Torpedo: Spread 3 and also have Jam Sensors 3 instead of 2
      • Normal Xindi-Insectoid Fighters now have Beam: Fire at Will 1
      • Normal Cestus, baSro', and Craeul Frigates now have Emergency Power to Weapons 1
      • Advanced and Elite Cestus, baSro', and Craeul Frigates now have Emergency Power to Weapons 3 instead of Emergency Power to Weapons 1, and the Elite versions will use it significantly more frequently

Powers:

• Major Mechanics Changes:
    • Energy weapons now always drain power when firing, instead of all but one
    • The equation used to determine how weapons power influences your damage has been changed - it now gives you a much higher benefit at low power levels, and is the same as it was before when you are at 100 weapons power
    • All damage reflections that used to deal "Feedback Pulse" typed damage now return the damage type that caused the reflection
    • All damage reflections cannot critically hit and cannot be further buffed by damage increases
    • All "Hazard" abilities no longer affect torpedoes or mines
    • All "Hot Restart" powers that automatically remove a subsystem offline no longer attempt to cleanse uncleansable effects, and have a 60 second lockout on a per-subsystem basis
    • All holds now give their target hold resistance for a short duration when they end.
    • All disables now give their target hold resistance for a short duration when they end.
    • All player damage immunities now place a 15 second lockout on you during which you cannot activate or otherwise be affected by any more damage immunities
    • All player damage immunities are now buffs that can be removed by buff removing abilities
    • The cycle during which cannon weapons actively fire is now 5 seconds, up from 3
      • The damage cannon weapons do with each shot has been adjusted to account for the changes made to their firing cycles
  • Captain Abilities:
    • All have a minimum cooldown below which they cannot be reduced
    • Go Down Fighting:
      • Now scales damage much more aggressively with missing HP
      • Can no longer be activated while Invincible or Continuity are available to save you from death
    • Attack Pattern Alpha:
      • The duration has been decreased to 20 seconds
    • Tactical Fleet:
      • The amount of the buffs it gives is now 20, 30, or 40, based on rank
      • Now additionally boosts Weapon Specialization and Amplification for the duration
    • Last Ditch Effort:
      • Now gives +40 All Damage Resistance during Go Down Fighting, instead of +20
    • Nadion Inversion:
      • The reduction to the weapons power drain of firing energy weapons has been significantly increased
    • EPS Power Transfer:
      • Can no longer stack on a target
      • The amount of the buffs it gives is now 10, 17.5, or 25, based on rank
      • The power buffs it gives apply instantly
      • Now includes a maximum power level buff for the duration that can be stacked with other power level bonuses (maximum power level increases that are not EPS Power Transfer still do not stack)
      • The amount of the Power Transfer Rate Buff is now 100%, 175%, or 250% (based on rank)
    • Rotate Shield Frequency:
      • Now gives Bonus Resistance to incoming Shield Drains
      • Heal values have been increased at each rank
      • The amount of Shield Resistance now scales much more aggressively with shield power
      • Resolved an issue where Rotate Shield Frequency could be used while your shields are offline
    • Miracle Worker:
      • Hull Heal amount has been increased significantly
      • Now gives secondary shields for 15 seconds when used
    • Engineering Fleet:
      • Damage Resistance Buff is now Bonus Resistance
      • Now additionally boosts Hull Capacity for the duration
    • EPS Manifold Efficiency:
      • The duration of the buff is now 30 seconds
    • Grace Under Fire
      • Resolved an issue where its lockout would go away when you died
      • Is now only available for the first two minutes after activating Miracle Worker
    • Scattering Field:
      • No longer forces you into combat for the duration
      • Starts cooldown instantly once clicked, instead of when the effect ends
    • Photonic Capacitor:
      • The cooldown can no longer be cleansed
    • Photonic Fleet:
      • The damage, health, and shields of allied ships summoned has been significantly increased
      • Photonic Fleet 2 now has a better chance of summoning a battleship
    • Subnucleonic Beam:
      • This is no longer a science captain power
      • Science Captains now gain "Deflector Overcharge" instead of "Subnucleonic Beam" as they level up.
      • This new power boosts provides Bonus Exotic Damage and Shield Healing while active, and additionally boosts Control Expertise and Drain Expertise.
    • Science Fleet:
      • Now additionally boosts Starship Control Expertise and Shield Systems for the duration.
  • Bridge Officer Abilities
    • Beam Overload:
      • No longer always critically hits
      • The damage of its initial hit has been increased
      • For 10 seconds after activation, your normal beam attacks have bonus damage and increased critical severity
    • Fire at Will:
      • Now has a slight damage penalty and accuracy penalty at each rank
    • Target Subsystem:
      • No longer upgrades just one single attack
      • Now upgrade all of your energy weapons to drain power from the target with a chance to cause a subsystem offline for a short duration
    • Cannon Scatter Volley:
      • Now has an accuracy penalty at each rank
      • The damage increase is now 0%, 5%, or 10%, based on rank
    • Cannon: Rapid Fire:
      • Now increases the rate at which cannons fire shots by 50% while active
      • The damage increase to those shots is now 0%, 10%, or 20%, based on rank
    • Reverse Shield Polarity:
      • The percentage of incoming damage healed no longer scales up with shield haling bonuses, and is now a base of 50%/62.5%/75% based on rank.
      • Resolved an issue where Rank 2 was not giving a % healing boost over rank 1.
      • The duration no longer scales (other than the duty officers); and is now 12/16/20 seconds based on rank.
    • Aceton Beam:
      • The cooldown has been reduced to 45 seconds at all ranks
      • The duration of the DoT and Energy Damage Debuff has been reduced to 10 seconds
      • The magnitude of the DoT has been increased significantly at all ranks
      • Resolved an issue that caused Aceton Beam to be treated as a Hazard.
      • Aceton Beam now places the target's Projectile Weapons Offline for 3/4/5 seconds based on rank.
    • Extend Shields:
      • The range is now 10km
      • The amount of Shield Healing has been increased
    • Directed Energy Modulation:
      • No longer gives you extra damage that bypasses shields while it is active
      • Now gives your energy weapons extra shield bleedthrough for the duration.
    • Auxiliary to Inertial Dampeners:
      • Now additionally grants a Physical Resistance Buff of the same amount and duration of its Kinetic Damage Resistance Buff
    • Boarding Party:
      • Boarding Party shuttles should fly much faster at their target
      • Boarding Party shuttles now have a very high amount of physical and kinetic resistance
      • The increased recharge effect is now guaranteed on weapons if the shuttles reach the target
      • The damage dealt by their point defense turrets has been increased
      • The chance to inflict recharge to bridge officer abilities no longer scales with rank, but the duration of that delay does
      • The chance to take a subsystem offline no longer scales with rank, but the duration now does
      • The duration of that subsystem offline now scales with the owner's Drain Expertise
    • Feedback Pulse:
      • The damage reflection can no longer critically hit
      • The percentage of reflected no longer scales with damage bonuses
      • The percentage reflected is now capped at 50%, 75%, or 100% based on rank
      • The default reflection amount is now significantly lower at each rank
    • Hazard Emitters:
      • Now additionally cleanses DoT effects
    • Transfer Shield Strength:
      • The amount of Shield Healing has been decreased slightly
    • Science Team:
      • The amount of Shield Healing has been decreased slightly
    • Tyken's Rift:
      • Resolved an issue where the power drain applied could be countered by the target's Power Transfer Rate
      • Resolved an issue where the drain applied more than once per second to targets within the area
      • The amount of power drained has been increased
      • The amount of damage dealt has been increased slightly
    • Photonic Officer:
      • The recharge reduction has been increased to 30%, 50%, or 70%, based on rank
      • The base cooldown of this power has been decreased to two minutes
      • This ability is now treated as a buff instead of a status effect and can now be removed.
    • Subnucleonic Beam
karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

been talking about this all day in voice chat too. Some really drastic changes here on some fronts. I cant wait to read the first tribble patch notes pending.

Nosehole
Cadet
Honored Guest

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10426883-details-on-space-balance-changes

It continues!

Sounds like some actually good ideas to me. Not sure on the accuracy debuff for FAW and making subnuc available to everyone, but on the whole, I am excited for most of this stuff :)

Nosehole
Cadet
Honored Guest

Not a big fan of ground combat, but engineer-buffs are always welcome.

karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

re: Cont.

Tribble has been updated to: ST.71.20170212a.6

Systems:

• Most Engineering and Science kit modules have shorter cooldowns
  • Engineering fabrications have had their hitpoints and shields increased
  • Engineering Mortars now shoot faster and have more accurate descriptions on them
  • Engineering Turrets and Drones deal increased damage
  • Ground mines now arm in 4 seconds, from 5, and have a more accurate description
  • Cold Fusion Flash's base duration has been increased, but no longer scales with Kit Performance (the damage still does)
  • Cold Fusion Flash's hold is now half duration vs players
  • Cold Fusion Flash's damage is now treated as a DoT
  • Transphasic Bombs now have a better description
  • The duration of Hyperonic and Neutronic Radiation no longer scales with Kit Performance (the damage still does)
  • Hyperonic and Neutronic Radiation's damage has been significantly increased
  • Seismic Agitation now deals more damage
  • Endothermic Induction only lasts 15 seconds, but has had its initial damage increased and the "Hazard" damage has been significantly increased
  • The damage of Anti-Time Entanglement Field has been significantly increased
  • Pistols do more damage
  • Fixed an issue that caused some of the effects of the Subspace Rift kit module to be unresistable
  • Resolved an issue that allowed several engineering fabrications to be knocked or pulled.
  • Nanomolecular Architect :
    • Resolved an issue where the resistance this trait provided to your fabrications would be increased by your damage buffs
    • The resistance buff has been increased to 25
    • The regeneration buff has been increased to 200%/minute
  • Reroute Power to Shields (ground) now heals more and grants a significant amount of Bonus Shield Drain Resistance for the duration.
  • Resolved an issue where the 23c Torpedo Spread 2 and 3 had excessively long cooldowns.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ŲƑƤ ŠţƛƦʄɭƐƐƮ Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: