Come Join UFP Starfleet And Chill With Us

Find That Post!

Site Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dana Ralston
Honored Guest

re: Bug with Jabra headsets

Forgive me if everyone already knows this, but it's a recent problem I ran into...

After a lot of work with Cryptic Support (many thanks to Zakarie and Tek for their help), it appears that STO has problems with at least some Jabra headsets and possibly others that are using USB audio.  Had been trying to use my Pro 9450 with game and it would crash at random times, mostly during battle where lots of sounds are taking place at once.  Strangely enough, it had worked in the past, but it doesn't now; according to Tek with Cryptic, Engineering is aware of the problem but doesn't have a fix for it at present.

I'll update this thread if I get more information.  Loening out. :)

UFP Starfleet - T.J. Loening, A.J. Loening, Jack Collins, M'Ral, Ari Loening, L'Ston, Jadan'Ralst, Josh Connor

Children of Gre'thor - K'Jamda, K'Daral, J'Mensa, Ston'Esana

"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank." - Scotty in "A Taste of Armageddon"
karmaplasticity
Top Contributor

re: Bug with Jabra headsets

thanks  for the post. I am curious though, have you tried a usb to audio jack converter - https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=usb+to+headphone+jack+adapter&tbm=shop tons of them there, ive never used one but its super cheap and im curious if this will bypass w/e thing the usb stuff is doing and just port all that info directly to w/e your normal headphones plug into (motherboard or sound card).

Let us know what happens in the end. Very funky that USB stuff dont work well with STO.

good luck.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ŲƑƤ ŠţƛƦʄɭƐƐƮ Forum Index -> Technical Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: